Indian Kabaddi Fan
Kabaddi is a very popular sport in India. Besides, the Pro Kabaddi League (PKL) has a huge fan base in the country. People have a big craze for the PKL stars in India and even worship them like gods! However, it was not like this always. In fact, Kabaddi has only recently become popular in India. So what exactly made the game popular again in the country? One word – PKL!
Kabaddi has roots in India. In fact, there are texts dating back to the Vedic era with accounts of Kabaddi! Further, the game actually developed as a standard sport in India! Besides, Kabaddi was shown to the world via the Olympics all because of India’s efforts. Thus, it is natural for people to have a big craze for the game in the country.
However, Kabaddi in itself is not very action-packed and can be a bit dull. Hence, Kabaddi lost a lot of interest among the Indians with the rise of cricket, particularly T20 cricket. The Indian Premier League was a huge success in the country. More importantly, it made cricket popular among the people and gave the sport the cash stream it needed. The PKL organizers thus went ahead with this IPL formula and began the PKL!
Since it began, the PKL has made a huge buzz in India. The first season of PKL in 2014 had visitors that were nearly 435 million in numbers! In fact, the PKL was only second to the IPL in terms of the number of views. The PKL has indeed made Kabaddi a popular sport in the country as well as the subcontinent. Thus, Kabaddi has a big market for bets because of its big fan base.
Kabaddi Betting Markets
Kabaddi betting has a big fan base in India because the sport is so famous in the country. However, for Indians Kabaddi betting is very big online. Hence for Indians, other than online, there are very few options.
Furthermore, kabaddi betting has very few betting markets. This is because the game is very new. Only recently Kabaddi has been popular in India. Other than India, kabaddi is not a very big sport in other countries. Besides, there are only 31 countries part of the International Kabaddi Federation (IKF) to date. All these facts limit the betting market for Kabaddi significantly.
Having said that, there are still a few markets for Kabaddi betting apart from India. By all means, the Pro Kabaddi League is the biggest betting market for the game. After all, the PKL has a big fan base and lots of people watch it in the country.
Other than India there are a few more countries with Kabaddi teams. These are Kenya, the UAE, the USA, Pakistan, and Canada. Notably, for kabaddi betting, there are a few more options other than the PKL. These are:
- Super Kabaddi League: Like PKL, SKL is also a Kabaddi league. However, Pakistan is the host country for the SKL.
- Women’s Kabaddi Challenge: Like PKL, this is a league for women. Since 2016 it is being played and has three teams.
- Asian Kabaddi Championship: This is a circle type kabaddi based tournament and Asian teams play in it. Further the Pakistan Kabaddi Federation (PKF) holds the event.
- Kabaddi Masters: this is based in Dubai and was held in 2018. Six nation teams were a part in the tournament which was 9 days long.
How to Bet Online on Kabaddi?
There are a lot of sites that you can use for online betting on Kabaddi. Hence, the question is how to choose which site is to use. Since there are a lot of options it can be tricky to choose a site for betting on the game. However, it is a good habit to check the site and its reviews before using it.
Here are some of the top Kabaddi betting sites in 2022:
10Cric is a very popular betting site in India because it has a lot of sports betting options. Moreover, 10Cric is also a very easy-to-use site as it has a user-friendly site design. Further, the payment options are very easy to use and super fast.
The website is very easy to use. However, 10Cric further has a very user-friendly phone app. Thus, those who like to bet on their phones can use 10Cric.
You can say Jeetwin is India’s best online betting site and indeed they have done a good job to deserve that name. Jeetwin is an online casino that was designed in particular for Indians. Consequently, it is often said to be India’s number one online betting site. In fact, only people living in India can use the site for betting online!
Sky Infotech ltd owns JeetWin and the site has a big variety of options to place bets on. It features all the popular games of India.
India loves Cricket. Indeed this is no secret. Crickex is a platform that is popular for online betting of cricket. While cricket fans use it more Kabaddi betting is also available on the site. Since cricket fans use it a lot of kabaddi fans also tend to use it because of its reputation.
Crickex does a lot of things right. For instance, it has a very easy-to-use site design and accepts a variety of options for payment. It is a site you can use on your mobile and has live betting options. However, it is limited to India and Bangladesh and has no call support for its users.
A Beginner’s Guide to Online Kabaddi Betting
To be good at Kabaddi betting you need to be well versed with the rules of the game. Here are the very basic rules you need to know well:
- Every match is 45 minutes long and further has a break of 5 minutes in between.
- Each team will have 12 players, and no more than 7 take the field at a time.
- There is a coin toss at the start of the match. The winner decides whether to take the first raid or not.
- A raider from the attacking team runs towards the opposite team’s side. The raider further tags as many players as possible to earn points. The raider then crosses the half-line to come back into his team’s area without being tackled.
- Throughout the raid, the raider must chant “kabaddi,” continuously. This is done to make sure that their raid is done in a single breath.
- Each raid lasts for a maximum period of 30 seconds.
- The defending team must ensure they don’t get tagged by the raider. Further, if they ensure that the raider fails to reach their half, the defending team earns a point.
- The defending and attacking teams change roles post the 5-minute break after half-time.
- The team with the most points wins after the time up.
There are a lot of bets in Kabaddi. Most sites have these types of bets:
- Game winner
- Team to get at least 15 points in the first half
- Top tackler
- Top raider
Where to do Online Kabaddi Betting?
We have listed three of the top online betting sites above. However, there are a lot of other sites available for the same task. As India is a very big country with lots of people there are always options for online betting in any sport. Besides, kabaddi is a very popular game in India.
Thus, depending on your needs you can choose to use the three sites listed above or go with a site of your choice. However, before you go ahead with a site, it is always a good thing to read all the terms and conditions and understand how the site works. Lastly, do a thorough search of the site and read all the reviews before going ahead with spending your own money on online betting.